AcrolisxVoice-Conscious

This section is for concepts on my mind and for study of today in history. Science and practical common sense with attitude.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Sign of the times

I found myself in a predicament of economics in which I have to get money for the standard reasons, you know food, shelter and bad habits (computers, staying online).
So what is a man to do when he exhausts all of his resources in a hope for the dream of online riches and sees no more options but to work, it is the misery of the thing that gets to me.

I end up on a temporary job.

I know a man of my talents, an associate in programing, self taught in the art of computer design construction and repair (what you get when a geek is alone with a computer manual), expert on airbrushing, photoshop and 3D software for animation. No this is not a resume.

The point is that I when with my head down and hoping for the worst, thinking "it can not be worst than this". the standard procedure is to cry, but not for me after all I am a MAN, sorry I have to wipe the tears from my eyes, can't type with the water coming from my eyes.

I found the situation of dealing with the guys high on "PCP" (they are easy to spot when they are playing with the flashlights light) on my way to the temporary employment office so unnecessary, they since to be everywhere. I continue to the office of temporary work for hire, in there I found not so much the ambiance but the politics of body language and the paperwork of being hired so tense that it could give Christ a reason for a second coming on the stress level alone. The paperwork and the documentation require is like you have to prove you are "there in the flesh" in the office and blood DNA does not count.

After what seems an eternity of questions of behavior for the work space, to determine whether you want to work or you just like to stay in line for hours only to answer questions that you prefer to lie than to give an honest answer. Example:

In a workspace, a coworker decide to shout at you because he did not like you, Will you?
a) hit him with a pipe wrench.
b) tell him that his pants are dragging because of the lack of parental supervision, in a vulgar way.
c) go running to the kiss ass supervisor and cry like a child who lost his teddy bear.
d) none of the above

This will be your typical questions on the work behavior test from a shoe string budget at a low cost temporary hire firm.

It says a lot about you psychology major these days. With this in mind I have to wait even more time for the clerks to assort the incoming crowds of people that I imaging for them to be of heard of confuse cows with no direction to follow.

I have to admit, at first I though they look like they did not like their jobs and are human beings that find themselves in a situation that even they will not hope for their worst enemy. This though I still think to be the truth but with a twist of human fate.

After keeping my cool and listening to several of the conversations coming from the desk, I found out that a peculiar lady has called out once again too many times and the boss has called and wants someone else to take her place on the third shift. I though that is unusual how they call the same thing with different names, were I used to work we call it grave shift.

Time did pass by slowly and just when I was ready to walk out the door, the gentleman at the desk calls me and tells me that he has not forgotten about me and in about 10 minutes he has some construction work he will be sending me to. I ask him about the third shift work position that appears to be open. He explains that because of the relation of the establishment and the company who hires the temporary workers, they do not usually send new workers, but because I have shown a great deal of patience he will give me a break. I was just happy about the time and the fact it was a sit down job at a factory.

One out of two is not bad.

It was from 11:00PM to 0700 in the morning and thought there was a chair involved. I did not really use it in the sense of resting in it.

There is a sense of purpose that come with "going to work" that give you direction and puts all other thing in perspective. I have to admit I have not experience this in a while.

Is a good habit to go to a place early, which I have, not because of self dedication but because I get lost easy, but please do not tell my wife, I have to maintain a level of dignity or what ever left I have. I did found the place and the rest will have to wait because, I have to go to work.

Wow, it starting to work on me, that stupid feeling of responsibility.

Until the next article were I will write about the wonderful sensation of being the new meat in town.

Acrolisx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home