AcrolisxVoice-Conscious

This section is for concepts on my mind and for study of today in history. Science and practical common sense with attitude.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Trash or Crap TV

I have an issue for some of the programs on Tv lately, to see a part of program were the female contestant wear bikinis in a pool of dead fish to jump and through in a basket the dead fish for weight out the opponent team is a short ride to the commercials of the young girls in late Tv were they get drunk and do thing that they later regret ( at least in court ). Maybe is me but I do not like the pathetic exploitation of human condition for both male and female that prime television is coming out with, so what should we call it Trash TV or Crap TV or make it a separate category.


Trash or Crap ?



I know that B. Brother is Crap, an trash well that has to be The survival program but I hate to put it in the category of the "Jerry Spring whatever" or some "soup opera" TV program, but on the other hand (literally) is so well with TvMad program on the edge of Crap. Its sad to see all that time go to waste for the sake of ratings.


At no surprise I have great words for station like PBS which they actually debate on sponsor of great programs that fight for airtime on the network, perhaps the other network can lend a hand...hint hint. That is if they are interested on quality TV or is it trash or crap ratings that they are only interested. I have heard of "se la vi" but I thought there was a quality to it that eludes this times a lot, Class.


The Oscar was a surprise in the TV listing this days. It came as a welcome insertion of class and intellect, the joke of the 747 park with the lights on and John T. goes running on stage assuming that the joke was on him. It make me realize that Hollywood is a small town real drama that is share with the rest of the world. I for one fell affected when people that I never met suffer in that town or to see the character from the movie ET grow up and turn into humans before our eyes in other movies. Like the cute blond young girl in one of the episodes of Kung Fu that becomes a woman in the movie Contact, it is not the character on the scene, is the impression of the quality of the actor that stays with us to create a memory that last and help us get out of a reality that sometimes is to hard to beard and only for a moment help us to go to our heroes on the TV to see live in a different prospective. Just enough to make it bearable, just enough to make it through the day on this society.
I try to stay away from trash but for the sake of being social and tolerant I stay next to my wife whom I love but since to be a magnet for this type of programs. I guess is the noise or the fact that is gossip, since the operation on her back is very little that we can do and is one of the few entertainments that is available to her. Things are a little better now and I will be able to search or get any job (If we do not get evicted) without the fear of her getting hurt with all the medication they give her to tolerate the pain from her spinal bone pressing against her nerves.

My family is supporting but there is a limit. It is funny to think of a Television set as part of the cycle of society and a remedy for a boring existence, at least for a moment. I am a regular Joe in this civilization, a person in bad times with extraordinaries talents with no outlet because of economics or what ever circumstances or privileges, the only things I know is my faith to my God, my love, loves ones and dignity. I can only hope and wish for a happy ending just like the heroes on TV.



Acrolisx





Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home